Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 7

     When I awoke this morning a sudden sadness overwhelmed me. Today was my last day in New Zealand. I packed my bags and then went to Marlborough, New Zealand to spend my day. First I went to the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. It is one of the world’s largest private collections of Great War aircraft and artifacts. I liked looking at all the rare memorabilia from the past.

     Next I went to the Lochmara Wildlife Recovery & Arts Centre. It was a very unique and vibrant centre. I got the chance to see different artists at work. The last attraction I visited was the Upton Oaks Garden. It was very relaxing to just walk through the garden and look at the formal framework of hedges and walls.

     I ate at a place called Argosy Restaurant before I left for the airport. I had a delicious rib-eye steak and a salad. Tonight, July 7th, I left on my long flight back to West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment