Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 3

     I had to wake up really early this morning to go Hamilton, New Zealand to go ballooning. We took off from Innes Common, by the lake in Hamilton in the hot air balloon and went up in the air at around 6:00 A.M. We had to go up at sunrise when the air was still calm and quiet. The views were breathtaking as we flew over mountain ranges, various lakes and green fields. It was very serene and calm as we flew over the beautiful Waikato area between Auckland and Rotorua. After about two hours of flying, we landed.
     While I was visiting in Hamilton, I went and visited the Hamilton Gardens which is one of New Zealand's top tourist attractions. It was free so I figured I would go. The gardens were beautiful and I took many pictures of them.

     Later, travelled to Auckland, New Zealand since it wasn't that far away. I visited the Waitomo Glowworm Caves The tour guides led us through the magical caves and we got to marvel at all the unique limestone formations. After my tour was over, I grabbed a bite to eat from a restaurant near the caves. I had a New Zealand beef burger and fries which tasted similar to American food. Exhausted from my long day, I went back to my hotel to get some sleep.

    
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment