Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 1

      I got on my flight in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and was set for New and. It took 25 hours just to fly to Wellington, New Zealand! On  the day of July 1, 2011 the plane landed in Wellington, New Zealand at 9:00 A.M. The first thing I did was go check in at the Citylife Hotel and rented a car.


     Then I went and visited the Wellington Cable Car. It is one of Wellington's oldest and most popular tourist attractions. The cars run throughout the amazing city of Wellington. The view was spectacular as I looked down over the city and harbor. I even got to catch a glimpse at the beautiful Wellington Botanic Gardens.

     At 1:30 I went and participated in the Sea Coast Safari. I got the chance to visit and observe the New Zealand Fur Seals in their natural habitat. They lounged lazily along the beautiful, rugged coastline as I watched them. I even got a chance to touch one of the large, furry seals.

     Feeling rather hungry after my adventure, I went to a restaurant called Little Penang. There were many various foods to choose from, but I chose the Mee Siam for my dinner. Mee Siam is a dish of thin rice noodles in spicy, sweet and sour gravy. It was served with salted soy beans, dried bean curd, a boiled egg, and tamarind. It was absolutely delicious!

     Instead of sitting at my hotel that night, I went night rafting. I had never been rafting before so it was a whole new experience. The person I was with, guided me down the river. I saw many amazing sights on my journey and the lights from the city were beautiful. After this long journey, I ventured back to my hotel to catch up on some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment