Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 4

     Today I went to the city of Dunedin, New Zealand to spend my day. First, I went to the New Zealand Marine Studies Centre & Aquarium. There were over 100 different types of creatures there! Some of the creatures I got to see included sharks, octopus, seahorses, seastars, crabs and crayfish.

     The next attraction I visited was the Larnach Castle. The castle was built in 1871 by William Larnach for his wife. I learned about Larnach's three wives and six children. Apparently Larnach comitted suicide in the house. While touring the large Victorian castle some people even said that they could feel a ghostly presence.
     Next, I went to the Royal Albatross Centre. In the centre they had an exhibit where the birds would fly effortlessly around you. I even got to learn more about this bird's fascinating story. At the Centre they also had New Zealand fur seals, blue penguins, spotted shags, and royal spoon bills.  It was a very unique and fun experience. For dinner I stopped at a nearby restaurant and ate shrimp vindallo. The meal was delicious and after I was done eating I went back to my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment