Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Niccolò Machiavelli



     I was born in the beautiful city of Florence, Italy on May 3, 1469. My whole life I had always been very interested in politics and patriotism. I remember one of my first political experiences was watching Savanarola from afar, but that was a very long time ago. When Savanarola was executed I made the decision to enter the Florentine government as a secretary. Soon after that, I was already engaging in diplomatic missions.
     In my life I met many important politicians such as the Pope and the King of France, but it was Cesare Borgia that made the biggest impact on my life. He was a prince of the Papal States and a very cruel man. I never did like his policies, but I thought that with a ruler like him he could unite Italy. That was one of my main goals in life.
     When the Medici came to rule Florence I was dismissed from office. I couldn't stand being away from politics though because I loved my job so much. I thought of many different ways that I could try to convince the Medici to give me my place back in the office. Eventually I decided to write a book titled "The Prince". They didn't agree with my book though and the public were outraged by it. However, I continued to write other various books about politics.
     One year the Medici was finally kicked out of Florenc so I decided to run for office again. The reputation that I had with the people in the city prevented me from being elected. They just didn't understand that what I was trying to do would be the best for them. I just wanted to make a change in Florence. Everyone just thought of me as cold and uncaring. When my health started to fail me I knew I wasn't fit to run for office anymore. That was pretty much the end of my career.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment