Thursday, January 26, 2012

Vow of Silence

     The vow of silence was harder than I had expected. I didn't really like the activity. It was hard to not talk to people when you had to work in groups with them. If we would have been assigned more individual work, then it would have been easier. I may be a very quiet person, but not talking is still hard for me. It's hard when someone asks you a question and you can't just use your voice to answer them.
     If I had to take the vow of silence for the whole day I don't think I could do it. It would be too hard to not talk to anyone for a whole day. I wouldn't want to just waste one of the days of my life not talking. My day would probably be very complicated and challenging.
     I have learned from this assignment that people take talking for granted. Some people can't talk at all. I also learned that I can go an hour and a half without talking. Using your voice for talking is just so much easier though.
     To complete the activities, we had to write a lot of notes. It made communicating without talking a lot easier. If you had a lot of things to say it would be hard to write it all down. Not talking definitely takes a lot of time and patience to understand what people are trying to say. If everyone knew sign language though, that would be another way of communicating.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment